lauantai 23. maaliskuuta 2013

Smaller

When I'm sick, I always wish I was smaller. Not necessarily younger, but smaller. This would be because I get immense phantom pains when I'm sick, especially when I have a fever. It begins at the small of my back, an ache somewhere below the kidneys. When the fever rises a bit, the ache moves to the limbs: forearms, fingers and legs.

And, to top it all off, when the fever rises high enough, the pain moves to the skin. All of my skin burns, especially when touched. Clothes hurt, sitting hurts, showering hurts. And that's when I wish I was smaller, mostly because it would be nicer if the pain was... supressed, affecting a smaller area. If I was smaller, there would be less of me that could hurt.

I don't like being sick.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti